more of your questions aswered

QM - Copy

Soon to be famous quote by a soon to be famous author

“Do not miss out on going on the Vietnam study tour because you did not ask Dr Timmy your questions”

Over the past week or so I have fielded a few extra questions in regard to the Vietnam study tour and have provided some more information below;

  • Payment: If you receive a subsidy it is anticipated the cost of the trip (not including your own spending money and some meals – a bowl of Pho noodles will cost you $3) will not exceed $1,500.
  • Progressive payment: You do not have to pay in full up front.  You will be requested to make an initial payment of $500 by Monday 21st July 2014 – this is to lock in the cheapest airfares which we have currently been quoted.  We would then ask for a further $500 by the end of August and the balance by the end of September.  Payments will be made electronically through the UWS financial portal
  • Do I have to go to Vietnam?: No, this is an optional component for those students doing 200561 Hospitality Management Applied Project and 200751 Sport Management Applied Project in 2014
  • If I go to Vietnam do I attend class with other students during the semester?: Yes, if you participate in the study tour you will still attend class throughout the semester and work on an industry based applied project.
  • So how does the assessment work?: If you participate in the study tour you will complete your dossier and group project during the semester (75% of you assessment).  The remaining reflective journal (25%) will be completed whilst you are on the study tour and is due on arrival in Sydney.

If you have questions and would like to speak privately to students who have previously undertaken this study tour please let me know and I will try and arrange this for you

I hope this answers some of your questions and if you would like to know more please do not hesitate to add a comment or send me an e-mail t.j.hall@uws.edu.au or give me a call 0414 017 369

The study tour to Vietnam offers you a wonderful personal and professional opportunity to experience your industry in an international context, see a wonderful culture and make new friendships along the way

HCMC ben t downloadhanoi_dinh2

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s