As people become aware of the international study tour to Vietnam there inevitably comes a whole range of questions which come to mind and in this post I have tried to answer some of those questions.
So, here goes:
- When: The tour will depart Saturday 21st November 2015 and returning Sunday 6th December 2015
- Cost: I am awaiting on the travel agent to confirm the cost but anticipate the cost to a student receiving the subsidy will be approximately $2,200.
- Subsidy: There is the opportunity to apply for a subsidy of $2,000 towards the study tour. This will be a competitive subsidy which you will need to apply for, (please see next blog post for more details) with submissions due no later than Friday 1st May 2015.
- Limited places: At this point we are limited in the tour to 20 people with 10 places held for Hospitality and 10 for Sport. If required a wait list will be utilised
- Free time: the tour includes plenty of free time for your own exploring, shopping etc and includes a rest day in Hoi An
- Staff: The tour is accompanied by UWS staff
- What is included: Airfares (international and domestic), accommodation (including 5 star), all breakfast, 5 lunches, 5 dinners (including fine dining), all organised activities.
- Eligibility: To be able to undertake the trip you need to be undertaking one of the Applied project units in Spring 2015 (this does not mean you have to be a Hospitality or Sport student).
- What other activities do I have to do?: You will be required to attend three seminars throughout Spring semester to learn more about the requirements of the tour and also to meet your fellow travellers
- Room Arrangements: All prices will be quoted based on a twin share arrangement. A single supplement may be available upon request and at an additional cost
Hopefully this gives you some more information about the tour and I will be using the blog to provide further updates. If there are any other questions (I am sure there will be) please post as a comment or e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Above are some pictures of the amazing Hoi An….